Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 32 of 365: Just Talking About Friday

Happy February 1st!!! I called my mom today to wish her a happy birthday month lol. She laughed and said my name in that way she says my name because I did or said something stupid. Anyway!


I had to post a picture of my pup! She's so adorable in her Christmas hat! When we got her for Christmas she couldn't fit it, but now, she's grown up some! I'm gonna tear up! She's growing so fast! She will be 3 months tomorrow!!! AHHH


WHOO! Thank God today is Friday! Fridays are my favorite! I get to come home from work, do whatever I want with hubby/dog and stay up till the wee hours of the night knitting, watching a movie, or surfing the web if i can make it that far anyway. After all that sleep-in till my heart desires!
This whole week, my helper for transferring phone calls has been out. That means constantly answering phones while trying to do my paper work for the day. What makes it so bad is that the people assigned to picking up the calls I transfer don’t want to corporate or people leave early. Ugh, it’s just annoying, so leaving at 4 o’clock is my treat to this long week!



Now, let’s talk about hair! One of my favorite topics, I do believe my last post about hair was kind of depressing. My hair is pretty much always a battle, a battle to stay as healthy as possible. I’m unable to wear my hair out very often due to the extreme tangling. Protective styles are what I feel like I must stick to for the most part, but today is different. I wore my hair out, and added bangs! It’s so cute! I’ve been wanting bangs because guess what? I have heat damage right there in the front. I will never put my flat iron on 450 again! My hubby even warned me not to do that, and he’s a man with straight hair! Trial and error on my part, trial and error! Speaking of trial and error let’s make a list of what to do’s and not!

TO DO:
Protective styles that is easy to moisturize
Moisturize morning and night
Use treseme split end conditioner
Use a comb once in awhile
Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie as a moisturizer, and then my oil mixture over top
Coconut oil and tea tree oil on scalp is good
Demi-permanent blue/black dye
Ph balancing spray
Carols daughter minoi line

NOT TO DO:
Use ausie moist shampoo (makes scalp itch)
Co-wash with any kind of conditioner (makes scalp itch)
Heat
Wear hair out for long periods of time
Be rough with hair

There is more stuff that I’m just not thinking of right now. But I get the gist! Lol I just want long healthy hair! That’s been my goal! I’ll get there! It’s pretty long now, longer than it’s ever been. I want to be completely holistic with my hair regime...I'm actually using more non-chemical products with my hair as well as my body! This post  has just boosted my desire to be chemical free!

 I don’t know how many times people have asked me if this is my real hair. It’s all mine folks! ^_^ I even gave a Natural Hair 101 lesson to my cousin that asked for my help today! :) To top off this Friday night me and hubby got a free Blooming Onion from Outback, because hubby's cousin got the partnership with the restaurant as of yesterday! GO Phil!

Happy Friday!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers